Love oysters? Curious about them? Downright scared of them?
While oysters are quintessential NW cuisine, they remain a mystery to many. At Stock’s Oyster Night, you’ll learn how to shuck and serve oysters (the world’s best party trick) and leave with new found knowledge of the history, qualities and highlights of our Puget Sound oysters.
Each ticket to Oyster Night includes a two-hour interactive class that teaches you how to shuck your own oysters, make oyster-friendly condiments and know which wines pair best with shellfish. You’ll also take home your own shucking knife so you can prepare fresh oysters at home anytime.
Throughout the class, Stock’s Chris Blanco will impart his knowledge of Puget Sound shellfish. And trust me, you’re learning from the best. As a trained chef in New York and the Pacific NW and reformed fishmonger, Chris knows the ins and outs of oysters like few others.
You can’t really call yourself a true Seattleite until you’ve shucked your own dinner.
Each ticket includes:
- Your own oyster shucking knife and mastery of a new skill
- One dozen oysters to shuck and sample from Seattle’s Taylor Shellfish Farm
- Recommendations on wine pairings
- Demo and instruction on preparing oyster-friendly condiments
- Fresh knowledge including PNW oyster history knowledge, details of the qualities and tasting highlights of different varieties and tips for the best places to enjoy oysters in the Puget Sound
- A glass of prosecco to toast your new expertise
- Countless opportunities for shuck-centric puns