Seattle Public Utilities’ Ballard Natural Drainage Systems project crew has started constructing the modular soil cells for the natural drainage systems. In the next two weeks, crews will be installing these facilities in several locations along Northwest 75th Street, Northwest 77th Street, 19th Avenue Northwest and 17th Avenue Northwest. Modular soil cells’ design helps manage stormwater and includes sidewalk space for pedestrians.
The crews will also be installing concrete sidewalks along portions of those blocks.
Anticipated impacts include:
- Temporary sidewalk closures.
- Temporary traffic lane closures.
- Constructions materials and equipment in street.
- Increased construction traffic, noise, dirt and vibrations.
- Parking restrictions during work hours.
PROJECT INFORMATION AND CONTACT
Please forward these updates to others who may be interested in the project. We always encourage people to sign up directly at: http://www.seattle.gov/lists/ballard_natural_drainage.htm.
Or visit the project website at www.seattle.gov/cso/ballard.