It’s Christmas tree time again for Boy Scout Troop & Crew 100 Ballard. The 75 Scouts along with their parents will be selling Christmas trees for their annual fundraiser at Saint Alphonsus parking lot, located along 15th Ave N.W.
The Scouts help customers find the perfect tree, give it a fresh cut and use their Scouting skills to make sure trees are tied onto cars with proper knots.
Proceeds from sales help send the entire Troop to summer camp, operate the Troop “White Whale” bus and cover camping trips and activities expenses. The Troop also donates trees to several local churches along with a portion of the proceeds to support local charities and local families in need.
“The tree lot is a great example of scouting’s patrol method in action,” says Scout Master, Patrick McCann. “The older scouts take the lead and teach the younger scouts the necessary skills to run the lot. In a few years those younger scouts will be the ones teaching the skills. The lot is a great opportunity for scouts from both the Troop and Crew to work together and interact with the Ballard community.”
Troop 100 has been selling Christmas trees in the Ballard area since 1956.
Originally selling trees door-to-door, Troop 100 began operating a tree lot at Arts Food Center (now QFC) on Holman Road. The Troop tree lot moved twice until landing at St. Alphonsus’ parking lot in 1991. Buying a tree at the Troop 100 lot is a tradition with many Ballard families returning year after year.
Saint Alphonsus Parish Parking Lot along 15th Ave. N.W. (between N.W. 57th & N.W. 58th Streets)
Saturday November 24 – Friday December 14
- Kickoff 9:00 am, Saturday, November 24
- Monday through Friday: 2:00pm – 8:00pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am – 9:00pm
- Six varieties of fresh-cut trees ranging from 3’ – 8’ tall:
- Nobel Fir, Nordmann Fir, Fraser Fir, Grand Fir, Norway Spruce, Sheared Douglas Fir, and Natural Douglas Fir
- Trees are delivered twice a week from local growers to ensure freshness.
- Fresh Holiday greenery:
- Deluxe Wreaths, Mantlepieces and cedar Garland by the foot.
For more information:
- Lance Pettit, Troop 100 Tree Lot Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Troop 100 website: troop100seattle.com