This year the West Woodland Bike Rodeo is happening on Sunday, May 3rd from 1:00 to 4:00 PM. ALL CHILDREN from the West Woodland Neighborhood are welcome to attend.
Come join the fun to kick-off to bike to school month. There are plenty of new and exciting things happening this year including:
- Bike Works will be on hand to collect bikes for under-served youth. Give an old bike new life and support community programming at Bike Works! Bike Works accepts all types of bikes, bike parts and bike accessories. BMX and kids bikes in good condition are in high need. Please consider bringing any unused bikes to the rodeo to donate to Bike Works in exchange for a tax write-off for 2015 and a good feeling in your heart! www.bikeworks.org
- Jennie Reed – Olympic Silver Medalist Cyclist and World Champion. Jennie will be on hand to discuss what it takes to be an Olympic athlete and talk about cycling on the velodrome and her foundation aimed at getting more kids on bikes. www.jenniereedfoundation.org
- Bike raffle – We are raffling off a brand new Trek 24” geared mountain bike with front shock from Gregg’s Cycles for one lucky winner valued at $380. Raffle tickets are $5.00; winner must be present to win! Drawing will be held at 3:00 pm
- A mountain bike obstacle course
There will also be:
- Bike checks provided by Bike Sport
- Helmet fit check
- Bike skills stations with prizes
- Deeply discounted helmet sales
- Healthy snacks and beverages
Volunteers are needed to help us make the bike rodeo a success. We need help with set-up, registration, running stations and clean-up. We are also in need of 10 x 10 pop-up tents if you have one please sign up to bring it or let us know.
To volunteer, please visit:
The Bike Rodeo provides a fun way to learn about safe cycling, get your helmet fitted and your bike checked, meet a famous cyclist and win cool stuff! Come on down Sunday, May 3 from 1 – 4 PM on the playground, and join us!! Coordinated by Julie Gregg (email@example.com) & Jane Matera (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Come ready to roll rain or shine!
Thank you to our sponsors: Bike Sport, Nuun, Bike Works, Gregg’s and Ballard Mark